Wednesday 30 November 2016

WE ALL ARE RICH!!!

I remember once, I asked my friend, Maton Jones who is now Late (and that is Maton and I in 2008 at Oniru Beach Lagos on the cover picture 😔), who we both grew up together as if we were brothers  where we stood on the spectrum between rich and poor.

I said, "I know we live well and have money, but we don't have millions of Naira.  What does that make us?"

Maton's responds that fateful day still echo's deep inside my heart, he said, "I beg your pardon!  We are rich, we have always been rich and we will always be rich.
I responded, "But Jones Pickin (as I fondly call him), we don't have money like the Dangotes, Otedolas or Adenugas?"
He interrupted me and said as he pointed to his heart, and then to his head, "Rich is in here and up here.
You will always be rich in heart and mind. If you have a lot of money that makes you wealthy. If you have no money, that makes you broke.
You see, richness is a state of mind, not how much money you have.
It is not how much you have that counts in life. It's what you do with what you have that counts. And so long as you remember that you will always be rich."

These words have always and will still remain golden to me. May his gentle and kind soul continue to rest with the Lord, Amen.
So friends, let's stop all the bragging and posing. It amazes me how people often like to use the phrase, 'Do you know who I am'? It makes me want to ask, 'who are you please'?
Let's stop all the charade and be real with ourselves and most importantly lets be our brothers and sisters keeper.
Today is the first day of the last month in this year, my wish is you remain in good health and prosper, understanding that your situation can only get better.
God bless you hustle today, cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment